HSCIC/ESR Data Quality / Data Standards Road Shows 2013
The Health and Social Care Information Centre has been hosting a series of road shows jointly with the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) Central Team during 2013 to highlight developments in NHS workforce information data standards and data quality.
Discussion topics include:
- The importance and impact of data quality;
- Data quality tools such as WOVEN and ESR Business Intelligence reporting, and a new Occupation Code and Job Role Verifier;
- Changes to the workforce classifications for Healthcare Scientists and how it will be handled in ESR;
- Updates on the provision of Informatics Staff information;
- Updates on the on-going development of ESR;
- An introduction to the workforce Minimum Data Set (wMDS)
- Learning from the experiences and expertise of NHS workforce colleagues
You can also view presentations and feedback from past sessions.
When and where?
- Leeds on the 19th June 2013
- London on the 19th of September 2013
- Taunton on the 24th of October 2013
- Birmingham on the 21st of November 2013
Separate events are also being held in conjunction with our Welsh NHS colleagues which are tailored to their specific requirements and open only to Welsh NHS organisations:
- South Wales on the 17th of October 2013
- North Wales on the 28th November 2013
Why are data quality/data standards so important?
Data quality is all about collaborative working with a shared purpose and this has been the main driver behind our road shows during 2013. Any efforts to improve data quality should have mutual benefits and should provide a platform for discourse between all involved. Collectively we can ensure that the data that is used to inform decisions about the workforce at local, regional and national level is as accurate as possible. Good data quality can't guarantee good decisions are made, but poor data quality will definitely increase the likelihood of poor decisions and poor outcomes.
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at:
- HR and ESR Administrators
- HR and ESR Manager
- HR and Workforce Information Analysts
- Workforce Planners
Why should you attend?
Delegates should attend to:
- Discover more about the tools and guidance available.
- Hear the latest on important developments in workforce data standards.
- Learn more about the importance of data quality .
- Have the opportunity to share your experiences and expertise.
- Help improve the data that is used to inform decisions about the NHS workforce at local, regional and national level.
Book your place
Attendees can register for this event via email here: firstname.lastname@example.org.