Latest information on NCMP IT system
Update 2nd October
Please note that we have today (2nd October 2013) made available an updated NCMP results letter template 2013-14 school year [187kb]. This update corrects a spelling mistake in the 'Underweight' letter. Please use the revised version of the letter template when producing result letters. If you have already downloaded and saved locally the previous version of the letter template, please delete the version you have saved and replace it with the new version.
To use the template letters, you will need to run through the set-up process contained within the guidance document "IT System User Guide #4: Generating Feedback Letters" (available at www.hscic.gov.uk/ncmpsystem) to configure the new template for your local authority.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact us if you have any queries relating to this: 0845 300 6016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
System now live
The new NCMP IT system was launched on the 2 September with core functionality. All core functionality is now available in the system, including:
- Facility to assign multiple users locally, with access to schools and data based on their role in the programme.
- Facility to directly enter and upload locally collected data for Reception and Year 6 children, measured in the 2013/14 school year.
- Automated calculation of information including BMI centile and weight status for children's records.
- Export facility for the production of tailored feedback letters to parents.
- Progress reporting to assist in monitoring of the measurement exercise e.g. schools visited, number of pupils measured, children who have not been sent feedback letters.
- Data quality reporting to allow review of data quality before submission to the HSCIC.
- Submission of a final NCMP dataset to the HSCIC.
User access to the system
Directors of public health in each local authority have been asked to nominate a primary user for the system. Once the primary user has been set up on the system they can then set up additional users for their authority (and the authority's providers if required).
Guidance and educational materials
The following guidance and education materials are available:
- Printable guidance - a series of PDF documents explaining how to use each part of the system.
- Interactive guides which simulate use of the system to gain an understanding of how the system works, and can be used to support training of staff using the system.
Support for the system
For queries that cannot be addressed using the guidance and education materials, the system is supported by the HSCIC Contact Centre. This offers:
- A single point of contact for all NCMP users.
- The ability to raise incidents and queries through email or telephone.
- Contact Centre staff available 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- A contact system for tracking and managing contacts and incidents through to resolution.
Contact us on 0300 303 5678 or email email@example.com