Opportunities to get involved
There are a number of ways those interested in contributing to the quality assurance of national level health and care indicators can get involved.
The Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) is continually seeking to build its peer review base to encompass a wider section of the health system.
If you are interested in contributing to the peer review process, please contact the Indicator Assurance team.
In addition to peer review opportunities there are on occasion vacancies for membership of both the Methodology Review Group and Indicator Governance Board. Such opportunities will be advertised on this web page as and when they arise.
Methodology Review Group members
The Indicator and Methodology Assurance Service (IMAS) at the HSCIC is looking for statistical, methodological and epidemiological experts along with current users of indicators to join a review group.
This is your chance to influence and shape health and care indicators through assuring methodologies and offers a great networking opportunity to meet and work with other statisticians from across the system.
The Methodology Review Group (MRG) appraises indicator methodologies using clear and transparent criteria.
Role of the group
- appraise the methodology of proposed new and existing indicators from across the health and social care system
- consider the validity, construct and statistical methodology of the indicator, with reference to its purpose
- consider advice given by peer reviewers
- work to identify duplication in the system and ensure multiplicity of indicators is avoided
- ensure the proposed methodology is consistent with other indicators where possible
- provide clear recommendations to the Indicator Governance Board on the strength of the indicator
Meeting venues and format
Members are invited to attend meetings which take place fortnightly in Leeds and London via video conference. Meetings last for two hours, with remote dial in possible.
In addition to the meetings, there will be some reading and preparation required in advance of the meetings.
Want to join?
If you have any questions or you're interested in joining the group, email the Indicator Assurance team. This is an open invitation for expressions of interest; however this round of recruitment will close on 25 April 2016.