Innovation Scorecard May 2016
The Innovation Scorecard shows the use of medicines and medical technologies by primary and secondary care providers in England that have received positive National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) technology appraisals for use in the NHS since 2011.
HSCIC produces the Innovations Scorecard quarterly for the Office of Life Sciences. It can be used by local NHS organisations to monitor progress in implementing NICE Technology Appraisal recommendations.
The Innovations Scorecard is produced using a range of data sources from two years prior to publication and no central data collection is involved. It's published every three months and was first produced in January 2013.
Data to September 2015, published 17 May 2016.
- experimental data status removed
- data revised from January 2016
- interactive spreadsheets improved (to be viewed in conjunction with the report)
- key points infographic [244kb]
- report/publication overview [793kb]
- estimates report [753kb]
- FAQs [301kb]
- pre-release access [186kb]
- Key points infographic [244kb]
- NICE Technology Appraisals in the NHS in England (Innovation Scorecard): to Sept 2015 uses of medicine [634kb]
- sales, purchase and use of medicines and medical technologies [885kb]
- grouped medicines [713kb]
- NICE Technology Appraisals in the NHS in England (Innovation Scorecard): to Sept 2015 guide to data [157kb]
This publication can also be viewed in our statistical publications catalogue.