Burden Advice and Assessment Service (BAAS)
NHS Digital's Burden Advice and Assessment Service (BAAS) offers advice, guidance and support for the health and social care system (both nationally and locally) on minimising the burden and bureaucracy of data collection, freeing up staff time to care.
We have responsibilities under the Health and Social Care Act 2012 to:
- minimise the burden of our data collections on health and social care organisations.
- offer advice and guidance to other national organisations on minimising the burden of their data collections.
- advise the Secretary of State for Health on ways in which the burden of data collection might be minimised.
- assesses burden and provides recommendations to minimise the burden involved in new and existing information standards, data collections and extractions.
- engages with the health and social care system to identify and facilitate the sharing of good practice around how data is collected, collated and distributed.
- and encourages collaborative working to promote efficient use of technology in making the best use of information to support delivering care.
We work in conjunction with the National Information Board (NIB) and partners across health and social care.