Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - April 2016, Experimental Statistics
This statistical release makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned in England.
The release comprises:
Report which presents England level analysis of key measures
A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level
A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure
Excel reference data tables showing the data since March 2015 as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated.
This is the latest release in a series of monthly statistics from a new 'Assuring Transformation' collection by the Health and Social Care Information Centre; these data were previously collected and published by NHS England on a quarterly basis. Data is also released on a quarterly basis and includes sub England geographies and additional measures.
- 2,565 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period;
- 193 CCGs/Hubs updated information by the end of the reporting period;
- 23 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of the period;
- 3 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer of this collection to HSCIC.
During April 2016 there were:
- 2,505 patients in care from the previous month;
- 60 admissions to hospital;
- 100 discharges/transfers from hospital;
- 5 patients admitted and discharged/transferred in the period.