Learning Disability Statistics - Annual Overview, England 2015-2016
This release presents experimental statistics from the Assuring Transformation collection and considers data from the Learning Disability Census; Hospital Episodes Statistics; Quality Outcomes Framework; Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Data Set and Mental Health Services Data Set all published by the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC).
The publication comprises: • This report which presents key measures at England level; • Excel reference data tables showing all annual analysis at England, CCG and provider level; • CSV file showing all annual analyses at England, CCG and provider level; • A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure; • Derivations and constructions file detailing how measures were calculated.
The majority of this publication considers data from the Assuring Transformation collection, analysing data from a different perspective to the regular monthly and quarterly releases. Data covers the year ending 29 February 2016. For analysis, a snapshot of the data was taken as at 31 March 2016.
• 2,650 patients receiving inpatient care at the end of February 2016 compared to 2,820 at the end of February 2015;
• 1,800 admissions/transfers to inpatient care;
• 1,970 discharges/transfers from inpatient care;
• 895 people have been receiving continuous inpatient care for over 5 years.
• Of admissions/transfers in the year, 280 were under 18 years old at the time of admission;
• Of discharges/transfers in the year, 235 were under 18 years old at the time of discharge;
• Of those who were under 18 years old on admission 10 patients were recorded as receiving continuous inpatient care for over 5 years.
• 57,608 people were in contact with Learning Disability Services in January 2016 as per the new MHSDS collection