Information Standards and Collections (Including Extractions)
Changes to the role of the Standardisation Committee for Care Information (SCCI)
New national governance arrangements for information standards, data collections and data extractions came into effect on 1 April 2017.
On this date the Data Coordination Board (DCB) took over responsibility for the approval of standards from SCCI. DCB is a sub-group of the Digital Delivery Board (DDB).
- Introduction of continuous assurance of standards coordinated by a dedicated team within NHS Digital
- A new process for submitting ideas is being worked through and details will be made available on these web pages
What's staying the same:
- Standards will continue to be appraised by subject matter experts
- Information standards will continue to be published under section 250 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012
- Information Standards Notices will continue to be published on these web pages
- Existing standards documents will remain on these web pages
- ISB and SCCI approved standards will remain in force
- Notifications about standards publication and consultation activity will continue to be distributed to the subscribers of our mailing list
Please see the appropriate area below for more information about standards activity.
Assurance of standards and collections
The Data Coordination Board is committed to ensuring the quality of standards, to ensure effective implementation, full realisation of benefits and minimal disruption for staff, patients and care users. Assurance Certificates are issued to confirm that a standard has been through assessment and is demonstrated to meet the DCB quality assurance criteria.
Current standards and collections
You can find all current DCB, SCCI and ISB standards and collections in the Directory of standards and collections (external link). Recent publication activity can also be found on our Publication pages.
Developing standards and collections
The DCB welcomes all suggestions for new, or changes to existing, standards; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Work in progress
You can see a list of all the standards and collections currently undergoing assurance on our collaboration site (external link).
The DCB is committed to ensuring a greater degree of public participation in standards assurance. You can keep up to date with opportunities for involvement by joining our mailing list.
SCCI meeting papers
All SCCI meeting papers, from April 2014 to March 2017, can be accessed in an archive on our collaboration site (external link).
If you have any questions about the assurance of standards and collections please email us at email@example.com